5) Liberals tend to view people as parts of groups, not individuals. One of the prejudices of liberalism is that they see everyone as part of a group, not as an individual. This can lead to rather bizarre disparities when say, a man from a group that they consider to be powerless, impoverished victims becomes the leader of the free world -- and he's challenged by a group of lower middle class white people who've banded together because individually they're powerless. If you listen to the liberal rhetoric, you might think Barack Obama was a black Republican being surrounded by a KKK lynching party 100 years ago -- as opposed to the single most powerful man in America abusing the authority of his office to attack ordinary Tea Partiers who have the audacity to speak the truth to power for the good of their country.
4) Liberals are big believers in moral relativism. This spins them round and round because if the only thing that's wrong is saying that there's an absolute moral code, then you lose your ability to tell cause from effect, good from bad, and right from wrong. Taking being non-judgmental to the level that liberals do leaves them paralyzed, pondering "why they hate us" because they feel incapable of saying, “That's wrong," and doing something about it. If you're against firm standards and condemning immoral behavior, then your moral compass won’t work and you’ll also be for immorality, as well as societal and cultural decay by default.
"For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it."
Um how many Christians give to charity just because it makes them feel good and scores brownie points with the almighty?
I betting a rather large portion of them.
People rarely do something just because its the good thing to do. Its all about personal satisfaction.
Oh Thatsabsurd you copy and pasting fiend!
7 Reasons Why Liberals Are Incapable of Understanding The World John Hawkins | Aug 23, 2011
Ok R1KRA8 come on down out of the woodwork or out from your trollish home amidst the roots of a tree and chastise Thatsabsurd for plagiarism.
Oh will you?
Or will you just...let....it...goooo!
even though millions of people have died as a result. For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.
and then turn on the nightly news which also skews leftward. From there, they turn on TV and watch shows created by liberals that lean to the left, if they have any political viewpoint at all. Unless liberals actively seek out conservative viewpoints, which is unlikely, the only conservative arguments they're probably going to hear are going to be through the heavily distorted, poorly translated, deeply skeptical lens of other liberals.
3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. Thus a program like Headstart, which sounds good because it's designed to help children read, makes liberals feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't work and wastes billions. A ban on DDT makes liberals feel good about themselves because they're "protecting the environment" even though millions of people hav
1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views. This sort of close-mindedness makes liberals nearly impervious to any information that might undermine their beliefs.
2) Liberals sources of information are ever present. Conservatives are regularly exposed to the liberal viewpoint whether they want to be or not. That's not necessarily so for liberals. Imagine the average day for liberals. They get up and read their local newspaper. It has a liberal viewpoint. They take their kids to school, where the teachers are liberal. Then they go to work, listen to NPR which has a liberal viewpoint on
Bill Clinton on ordinary Americans: "African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
John Kerry on the troops: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
ok, clearly you just wish to be obstinate. Fine I will let it go and ignore you like everyone else, just hoped you had more to offer. My Bad.
Again, why can't you follow your own advise . . . “Let it go” ? ? ?
Just hoping you can offer some original thought versus your chronic copy and paste. Do you have some original thoughts to share, please do.
Why can't you follow your own advise . . . “Let it go” ? ? ?
R!K surely you have something to add other than copy and paste and this silly insistence that Kendall is a liar. Come on Carl, you better than this.
You suggested something James is incapable of doing . . .
. . . “admit that you misspoke” . . .
. . . “Let it go” . . .
I don't think he'll ever go away Tired. He has to look up "pyrrhic victory" first.
Did someone upset a "Christian" authoritarian?
“Oh, I don’t reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It is just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ” ~ Gandhi
If that does not work, admit your part in the Kennedy assassination, admit that you harbor Jimmy Hoffa in the basement, and that you really hate puppies.
Kendall, why don't you just admit that you told the great lie of the century. Further admit that you misspoke and that 99.9999% of R1Ks copy and pastes are ignored. Maybe then he will go away with his little pyrrhic victory. Just a thought.
So you still think letters to the editor are equal to articles by published writers eh? Ok.
519 Juliana St. , Parkersburg, WV 26101 | 304-485-1891