PARKERSBURG - Eight hearings took place in Wood County Circuit Court Wednesday.
* Michael Allen Bowers, 38, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a change of plea hearing but it was continued on his request to give him more time to decide if he wants to take the plea or go to trial. Judge Robert Waters continued the hearing to 2:30 p.m. Friday. Bowers was indicted by the May grand jury with a co-defendant on one count of grand larceny, two counts of burglary, one count unlawful entry, five counts fraudulent use of an access device and one count of conspiracy to commit fraudulent use of an access device.
* Christopher Michael Moneypenny, 31, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to charges of burglary and grand larceny as charged by the grand jury on July 18. A motion for probation or alternative sentencing was taken under advisement and his sentencing was set for 9 a.m. Dec. 16 before Waters.
* Brianna Lynn Salyers, 20, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a fugitive from justice hearing before Waters. She waived extradition back to Morgan County, Ohio, on charges of illegal assembling of drugs, two counts of illegal manufacture of drugs, trafficking, failure to appear and a bond violation.
* Michael James Lamp, 55, 615 17th St., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a charge of delivery of a controlled substance, marijuana. A motion for probation or alternative sentencing was taken under advisement by Waters. Lamp's sentencing was set for 1 p.m. Dec. 17.
* David Kenneth Riel, 43, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was granted a motion to continue his trial. A new trial date was set for Dec. 17, case No. 5, before Waters.
* James Michael Crum, 26, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a hearing on a petition to revoke probation. A preliminary hearing was set for 2 p.m. Oct. 31 in Wood County Magistrate Court before Magistrate Joyce Purkey and a final hearing was set for 11 a.m. Nov. 15 before Waters. A motion for bond was denied and Crum was remanded to custody.
* Shawn D. Leisure, 37, 813 16th St., Parkersburg, did not appear for a sentencing hearing. He pleaded guilty to a charge of forgery from the May grand jury on Aug. 12. Judge J.D. Beane granted a state's motion for a capias.
* Carol Jo Davis, 59, 100 West Circle, Apt. 101, Parkersburg, was sentenced after her guilty plea to two counts of forgery as charged by the May grand jury. Beane sentenced her to concurrent sentences of one to 10 years with credit for one day served on each count, suspended for three years probation.