PARKERSBURG - A second status hearing was set Friday for a Vienna man charged with attempted murder in a 2012 incident when he allegedly attempted to stab a Vienna police officer.
Donovan Shane McClung, 39, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was indicted by a special session of the Wood County grand jury on July 18, 2012. He was indicted on charges of attempted murder and attempted malicious assault of a government representative.
In a hearing Friday before Wood County Circuit Court Judge J.D. Beane, the court was told McClung has not been evaluated and the judge ordered the state to prepare an order for McClung to be sent to Sharpe Hospital for an evaluation. A second status hearing was set for 9:30 a.m. Nov. 12.
According to police reports, on June 6, 2012, Vienna police officers responded to 1806 14th Ave., Apt. 7, Vienna, in reference to a disturbance call.
Officer Jeremy Bradley arrived on scene and knocked on the door. The door was opened by a male subject later identified as McClung, police said.
After opening the door, McClung allegedly immediately thrust a knife into Bradley's abdomen area. McClung then shut the door and barricaded himself inside the apartment and allegedly began shouting "I will kill you, I will kill all of you, call the F.B.I., I have been shot before," police said.
Sgt. Rick Berdine with the Vienna Police Department said Bradley was not injured because his bulletproof vest stopped the knife from penetrating and injuring him.
In other hearings:
* Creighton Jay Hoselton, 44, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to entering without breaking, receiving or transferring stolen property from the May 2013 grand jury and a bill of information charging him with third-offense DUI. He was placed on a post-conviction bond of $1,000 with the day report center to await sentencing. Judge Robert Waters set sentencing for 1:30 p.m. Nov. 25.
* Michael Douglas Johnson, 39, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a restitution hearing. After the hearing the court awarded to H. Talbott Tebay $75,000 after the theft of a GMC Sierra and guns in the vehicle were taken in 2009. Johnson pleaded guilty to a charge of grand larceny on Aug. 12 and was sentenced to one to 10 years to be served concurrently to a sentence he is serving in federal prison.
* James Patino Haddox, 37, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was arraigned on an indictment from the September 2011 grand jury charging him with three counts of delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine, and one count of conspiracy to commit delivery of a controlled substance. He entered a plea of not guilty.
* Aaron M. Richards, 35, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to a charge of conspiracy to commit operation or attempting to operate a clandestine drug laboratory as charged by the grand jury on March 13. A second charge was dismissed as part of the plea agreement. His sentencing was set for 11:30 a.m. Nov. 22 before Reed.
* Kenneth Allen Hutson, 33, 2311 Pike St., Lot 18, Parkersburg, was set for a trial on Jan. 18, 2014. He was indicted by the January 2013 grand jury on a charge of second-offense failure to provide notice of registration changes.