PARKERSBURG - A discussion about mental health support and services for veterans will be held 1:30 p.m. Friday in the second-floor city council chambers at the Parkersburg Municipal Building.
The panel discussion was organized by Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., who will be joined by representatives from Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, private providers, veterans and families. They will discuss the mental health resources for veterans and the realities they face when they return home with unseen wounds, the senator said.
Rockefeller is traveling the state for several panel discussions and events.
The schedule is:
* 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, 2013 Teaming to Win-Small Business Administration awards dinner, West Virginia University, Erickson Alumni Center.
* 11 a.m. Thursday, meeting graduates, education professionals, financial advisors, parents and students to discuss the rate increase in federal student loans, West Virginia University Erickson Alumni Center Barnette Room.
* 2:30 p.m. Thursday, address before at Mountaineer ChalleNGe Academy, a program from the National Guard for at-risk youth, Mountaineer Challenge Academy, 1001 Army Road, Kingwood.
* 10 a.m. Friday, to award seven deputy U.S. marshals in West Virginia the Congressional Badge of Bravery, a medal given for extraordinary acts of bravery in the line of duty for federal, state and local law enforcement officials, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Clarksburg.
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., also is touring West Virginia next week. Among the stops on his itinerary is the F-35 cockpit demonstration at noon Thursday at Constellium Rolled Products in Ravenswood. Manchin will speak during the presentation and then tour Constellium.
His schedule is:
* Noon, Wednesday, Marion County Chamber of Commerce, I-79 Tech Park, Fairmont
* 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Fairmont-Morgantown Housing Authority, 103 12th Street, Fairmont.
* 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Clarksburg Subassembly Site, Clarksburg
* 5:35 p.m. Wednesday, WVU Erickson Alumni Center, Morgantown.
* 6 p.m. Friday, town meeting in Oceana, Oceana.