RENO - A fire early Saturday morning destroyed a mobile home on Coal Run Road in Marietta Township.
The home's owner, Patrick Kesselring, and his wife were asleep when the blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. Saturday, according to Reno Volunteer Fire Chief Dan Ritchey.
"They heard something, got up and saw the trailer was on fire, then ran outside in just their bedclothes," Ritchey said. "They were lucky to get out in time. The fire burned through the entire mobile home."
The blaze was apparently ignited by a heat lamp that was being used to keep baby chickens warmed on the back porch of the home, he said.
Ritchey said some of the couple's personal belongings were salvageable, but the mobile home was a total loss and the Red Cross was notified to provide shelter overnight. No one was injured in the blaze.
Three pumpers, a tanker, and a squad unit from Reno Volunteer Fire Department responded.